Feeling like your business can stand to be more productive? Working smarter means increasing productivity, and your employees are the key to making this happen.
Employees are the most important part of your small business. Ensuring their happiness will directly influence their productivity, which means your business growth depends mostly on them. By incorporating even small habits into a working day, efficiency will improve, and employee satisfaction will rise.
Setting goals for your employees that reflect your business objectives isn’t enough. You need your employees to be engaged and committed to productivity, and ensure executing these goals are their focus.
Save time and money by following these helpful tips to increase productivity in your business. Achieve higher quality work in a shorter amount of time.
Offer Support and Set Realistic Goals
If you want your employees to drive profitability, it is crucial to set and offer realistic goals for them to follow. And don’t forget to be a force of support as they work to hit these goals! Your business will benefit hugely from their commitment to work, so take the time to make their tasks clear and achievable. If anyone is struggling with a goal, be there to lend an ear or some alternate suggestions to get the job done well.
- Make tasks clear and achievable to really clarify expectations
- Assess which employees are the highest achievers
- Match goals with employees based on productivity and skill
- Provide clear direction to supervisors and employees alike
- Employees will be more motivated with goals based around their talents
- Be accessible for guidance or any questions that arise
- Watch your profitability rise to correspond with employee satisfaction and drive
Say “No” to Distractions
We all know that procrastination doesn’t match well with productivity. Make sure this carries over into your working life, as well as your personal life. Stay off the internet and apps unless it’s expressly for work purposes. Time yourself to work a certain amount and schedule timed breaks. Everyone in the office can get into this habit.
- Take timed breaks
- Stay off your apps unless it is for work
- Put the most important items first on your list
- Give yourself rewards for productivity
Track and limit how much time you’re spending on tasks.
It can be hard to know how much time is really spent on different tasks. In fact, studies have suggested that just 17% of us are good at estimating this accurately. Get on board with accurately tracking time so that you can increase productivity and efficiency within your business.
- Identify the activities that are wasting your time
- Track time to gauge how long future projects will take
- By knowing how long individual employees take on certain projects, you can tailor tasks to people with matching skills
- Increase your billable hours with precisely recorded time data
Incorporate Automation Tools
While we want to avoid using time-wasting apps while at work, technology is a great way to increase productivity if used the right way. Accounting software means you can outsource tedious tasks and save money at the same time. The accuracy of the data is unparalleled, and can be used to automatically prepare reports based on your individualized data.
- Save time and money by outsourcing tracking, recording, and reporting tasks
- Benefit from precision and an increase in billable hours
- Make your tasks simpler
- Reduce paper waste
- Outsource billing and scheduling to secure technology
- Integrate apps for a more comprehensive result
If you’re running your own business, you’re already dealing with deadlines, employees, and managing clients on top of all your other responsibilities. It can feel like attaining a stronger profit margin on top of all of that is out of reach. These tips will help you to generate more revenue and increase productivity while balancing all other responsibilities. And the best part is that it uses fewer resources!
Boost your bottom line and get paid faster by using Time Tracker. Track your time from anywhere on mobile or desktop, and enjoy features such as GPS tracking, team visibility, timesheets, one-click timers, and more. Project management will be a breeze, and your time will be accurately and safely tracked and stored. Try a free, 14-day trial today to see how Time Tracker can increase your productivity.