How many times have you looked at your ever-growing to-do list, then checked the clock, only to find the day has slipped away from you? You thought you knew how to manage time, but the days just don’t seem like 24 hours anymore.
Those things you thought would be done yesterday, and now can’t be done today, are more for your list tomorrow. How are you ever supposed to get ahead of it?
You might not be able to add hours to the day (if you do, please let us know), but you can learn how to manage time each day more efficiently. As a business owner, your time is extremely valuable, and knowing how to manage time should be at the top of your priority list.
The Importance of Time Management
You have a business to run, and success means growth. Growth also means more to keep track of. Simple tasks, like tracking your employees’ time on the clock, are now becoming more and more time-consuming. The great irony of it is, you need time to manage your time!
First things first: you need to prioritize the most important things to tackle every day.
“The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.” – Stephen Covey, author of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
Make a list of the most important set of tasks, then make a list of which tasks take up the most time. More often than not, you will see two very different lists. So why aren’t you spending the most time on the most important things for your business?
One of the biggest inhibitors to how you manage time is the rudimentary tasks that are foundational to the business – but not growing the business. Think about it this way: how much time did you spend on scheduling labor this week alone?
Give Your Business Time Through Automation
So 24 hours is 24 hours, but you can take back some of that time automating those tasks that need to be done over and over again. After that, you’ll be asking how to manage the newly acquired time from cutting out the hours normally spent sitting at a computer on a schedule.
Here’s what your business throws time away on:
- Managing your employees’ hours
- Tracking where your workers spend most of their time (running your business means time management, not only for yourself but everyone that works for you too)
- Organizing and creating schedules for your employees.
- Tracking expenses and invoices, along with following up on those that are overdue.
The wheels are turning right now, aren’t they?
All of these initiatives are critically important. But don’t you wish you had the time typically spent on them for services that will actually make you money? That’s the bottom line.
How to Manage Time with Time Tracker
Time management doesn’t have to be so, well, time-consuming.
Time Tracker by eBillity is an easy solution, all in one convenient app, to help you manage time.
- Managing your employees’ hours? No problem. Time Tracker lets them punch in right from their phones, wherever they are. All attendance records are organized how you want so that you can keep track of the information you need for your specific business.
- TimeTracker lets you see exactly what projects your employees are spending time on. Now you can see how they manage time and help them grow their own accountability.
- The labor for your business needs a schedule, no doubt about that. Time Tracker takes a task that may have taken you hours every week and turns that into minutes, like smart time management alchemy.
- The frustration and time sink of keeping all of your invoices and contracts organized is no longer an issue with TimeTracker. Expenses are all tracked across any project your business may have. Employees stay connected to the projects you’re working on in your dashboard so you can see who are the most productive members of your team.
There’s more time in the day after all with Time Tracker.
Any investment in your business is an important decision. We get that. Try Time Tracker for free for a two-week trial and with no credit card required. Discovering how to manage time for your business in the most efficient (and simple) way possible just got easier.