Global Positioning System, or GPS, is a satellite tracking system that is increasingly used in businesses for commercial and personal applications. The benefits of using GPS are varied, and include many competitive advantages. In order to understand what GPS can do for your business means learning a little but about the technology itself.
The first thing to consider is how much easier tracking your team will become. Using this technology means that you can do this in real-time, and the size of your team makes no difference to the efficacy of GPS, making this a must for businesses big and small.
If your team is spread out across different cities or on a more global scale, suddenly there is an ability to observe their movements and time frames remotely, and in real-time. If you’ve ever wondered if a particular employee has really been using their hours as efficiently as they can, or if you’ve wondered if there is perhaps a better route to utilize than some of the ones currently in use by your team, GPS allows for accurate data on which to base future decisions. By implementing a GPS tracking system, managers can quickly and easily locate their team from their device or desktop computer.
The way companies work has been completely reformed by using GPS tracking services. Not only can you keep track of employees–your products and assets can also be tracked with this system.
Here are some examples of how GPS tracking can improve business efficiency:
If you need to plan a route before your team heads out, or to revise routes for better efficiency, using GPS is the way to go.
- Team members can program an address into the system and be directed to the most time-saving routes
- Alternatively, GPS allows for better accuracy in travel times and optimal routes after a team has been out on a job, making future travel planning more cost effective
- Employees will benefit from the peace of mind of understanding the best ways to travel and how to safely get to their destination, as well as the understanding that someone knows exactly where they are should they get lost or delayed
- Managers can easily monitor routes taken by their team members and advise on faster journeys
- GPS allows drivers and managers alike to stay updated with the most recent data for diversions or potential obstacles, saving hours of travel time as well as excess fuel costs
Fast, Easy Communication
Simplify communication between all team members on a safe platform. GPS tracking apps often come with messaging features, which allow all users to easily and instantly communicate.
- Send important messages about travel diversions
- Assign clients and tasks to specific employees
- Determine which employee is closest to the next assignment, and send them to do the task
- Employees can communicate with each other, soliciting assistance if needed
- Enjoy faster response times, saving both time and money
If you really want to save time and productivity, automating your payroll is a game-changer. Make handwritten timesheets a thing of the past by switching automation, and avoid both inaccurate data and fraudulent time-keeping.
- GPS-automated systems ensure that your team is working when they are supposed to be working
- Clocking in and out is a breeze with automation, showing exactly when an employee is at work and when they are finished for the day
- Fewer instances of dispute when it comes to paychecks with an accurate time log as backup
- Make sure employees are not running personal errands or completing other non-work related tasks on company time
- Easy formats for all team members to control their own time
- Some payroll features even include automatic OT when an employee goes over their allotted hours, with a message being dispatched to let the employer and employee know
- Accurate, safe data means that productivity stays as high as possible
- Quickly and effortlessly export all worked hours for maximum efficiency
Safety and Security
Safety is of highest priority, and the most important benefit of using GPS-enabled tracking.
- Overall security is greatly enhanced for all staff when you know where every team member is during work hours
- Help can be located and sent in real-time if one of your team members needs assistance
- Avoidance of routes that may be delayed due to hazard, overcrowded, or experiencing heavy traffic is a great feature that safeguards employees and management alike
- GPS features can re-route travelers on the team to both avoid potential risks and to aid safety
Go the extra mile and ensure that a GPS tracking system is implemented into your business. Get a competitive edge, boost safety, and generate exact time data to improve efficiency in your company.
Time Tracker’s on the clock GPS tracking makes it easy.
- See which employees are on the clock, on a break, or clocked out for the day
- Select an employee, and check their activity and locations within a specific time frame
- Instantly generate maps for location of employees, to verify route and travel information, and safeguard against time theft
- Send your nearest employees out for emergencies or to the next job, without having to call everyone and await a response
- Build and maintain trust with the whole team with safeguards in place that benefit everyone
- Lessen the potential for payroll and billing disputes by having automatically generated reports about all logged time entries
Ready to increase the efficiency and productivity of your business with GPS time tracking features? Get started today with a free, 30-day Time Tracker trial.