If you use QuickBooks to manage your business’s finances, you may be wondering whether or not QuickBooks can accommodate online employee scheduling. The short answer is no, it cannot. However, there are certain online employee scheduling software programs that can integrate successfully with QuickBooks to give you the best of both worlds. This is your guide to the importance of online employee scheduling and software that is compatible with QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online.
The Importance of Online Employee Scheduling
Staff scheduling is one of the most important aspects of running any business. Scheduling too few employees leads to scheduled staff who are overworked and lower quality customer service. Schedule too many employees and you might as well be throwing money down the drain. Fail to account for individual needs and you have a disgruntled team that leads to lower productivity. It’s easy to see why scheduling is so important. However, it can take several hours per week to make a schedule via traditional methods such as Excel spreadsheets, calendars, and whiteboards. This doesn’t even take into account the time it takes to make adjustments and update it. Business owners and managers need a way to easily create online schedules that can be created within minutes, not hours and updated within seconds.
What are the Features of QuickBooks?
QuickBooks is one of the most popular accounting software programs for businesses and offers robust features at an affordable price including:
- Cloud Accounting – Allows owners to manage their business from anywhere in the world on any device including smartphones and tablets.
- Automatic Backups – There is no need to worry about losing information with QuickBook’s automatic backup feature.
- Track Expenses – Record, organize, and save every expense so that you are prepared when tax season rolls around.
- Custom Reports – Create your own custom accounting reports that offer valuable insight into the financial performance of your business.
- Cash Flow – Manage your cash flow by paying vendors only when they are due and keeping as much cash in the company’s accounts as possible.
QuickBooks offers bank-level security and free unlimited support when you need it most. In order to obtain scheduling capabilities, you will need to integrate a compatible online scheduling software.
Here are some of the most popular online employee scheduling apps available to businesses.
When I Work
When I Work is a simple, yet user-friendly online scheduling platform that allows managers to start with templates and use a drag-and-drop interface to fill shifts within a matter of minutes. Once the schedule is published, all employees have immediate access that they can reference at any point, reducing the number of absences or questions asking when they are supposed to work because of lost schedules. Owners can also manage schedules remotely on any device to make any on-the-fly changes necessary.
Findmyshift is a web-based scheduling software that allows you to keep track of an unlimited number of employees. Managers can create schedules via the easy-to-use drag and drop interface. Create, edit, review, and publish schedules from anywhere in the world. This software also allows you to track employees’ time to make sure it coincides with the schedule created. You can even keep track of employees’ vacation time. This feature allows you to know who is available to cover a shift, who is out on vacation, and how much vacation time employees have remaining.
TSheets by QuickBooks
TSheets is an online scheduling software that seamlessly integrates with QuickBooks and allows owners and managers to:
- Create a staff schedule within a matter of minutes
- Create, edit, and update schedules from anywhere you are in the world
- Send notifications to staff to alert employees to published schedules and when changes are made
Managers can choose to schedule by the shift or schedule by the job. Easily assign projects to individuals or teams and send alerts to let employees know of new or updated assignments. If you choose to schedule by shift, you can drag and drop a previous week’s schedule and then make the needed edits, preventing you from having to start from scratch and saving you a significant amount of time.
Celayix is an easy-to-use scheduling platform that allows managers plenty of options when scheduling shifts, including:
- Manual Shift-by-Shift – This feature allows the manager to individually assign shifts one-by-one
- Bulk Shift Assign – Allows employers to select multiple shifts and assign to employees simultaneously
- Autofill – This feature gives managers the opportunity to create the shifts that need to be filled and then allowing the software to randomly assign employees to fill each shift
- Self-Scheduling – Allows managers to create the shifts and employees to choose which shifts they want
- Rotation Scheduling – Puts employees in a certain order and the schedule rotates every week or month, based on the employee sequence
Celayix also offers a labor forecasting tool that can help you determine how many open shifts you need based on the size of the event that you are hosting. For instance, if you own a restaurant and you are having a live band one night, you will probably expect a larger crowd than normal and will need additional labor.
Time Tracker by eBillity is a robust, comprehensive and affordable scheduling software that integrates seamlessly with QuickBooks. This software allows owners to reduce their administrative costs while increasing profitability. Time Tracker allows managers to create schedules more easily than ever with features including:
- Creating daily, weekly, and monthly schedules within minutes
- Save multiple schedule templates for future use
- Use a drag and drop interface to quickly fill shifts
- Create overtime parameters and set alerts to let you know before overtime happens
- Share schedules with all employees and update as needed from anywhere in the world on any device
While Time Tracker offers affordable state-of-the-art scheduling capabilities, this intuitive platform also gives managers the ability to track employees’ time, capture breaks, approve time, keep track of vacation time, invoice clients, and utilize GPS tracking for employees in the field. Try Time Tracker free for 14 days to see if it is right for your business. No credit card required.