Business communication looks different these days, whether it’s adding COVID-19 screening questions to your process or ensuring virtual announcements reach your whole team.
The simplest way to engage employees is with a tool they’re already using. So we’ve added a few new features to Time Tracker to help you with everything from screening employees to making business communication seamless.
4 ways to use eBillity’s new features
1. Send company-wide messages using screen announcements
A key benefit of a universal time tracking tool is that it streamlines business communication. Screen announcements harness that power, allowing you to create messages that everyone will see when they log in to the web app (and soon to the mobile and kiosk apps).
Set your message frequency — one time only, every 24 hours or every time a user logs in — and decide who receives the message.
Use screen announcements to:
- Remind everyone that tomorrow is a statutory holiday and the office is closed.
- Share hiring news, work anniversaries or promotions.
- Reinforce protocols or announce new COVID-19 screening questions.
2. Ask questions
Getting questions answered in a timely way is a business communication we’re all familiar with. Our new Time Tracker feature allows you to ask yes/no questions to the entire company, specific individuals or a single person.
- Ask the company: Would you attend a virtual seminar on ____ ?
- Ask a team: Are you available for a team meeting tomorrow at 10 a.m.?
- Ask an individual: Are we approved to move forward on proposal X for client Y?
You can make edits up until the first user answers a question, after which you will only be able to edit which users receive the question. This feature also allows you to give special instructions depending on the user’s response, which is especially helpful when screening employees for health conditions such as COVID-19.
3. Poll your team
Expanding upon the question capability, Time Tracker now also includes a polling feature for instances when business communication requires more detail and options.
Ask a question with multiple answers, such as:
In lieu of a holiday party this year, would you prefer:
- A day off
- A gift basket
- A gift card
- Surprise me
To see users’ responses, simply visit the Screen Announcements/Questions section on the Reports page.
4. Keep employees up-to-date on COVID-19 procedures
When it comes to COVID-19 screening questions, control is crucial. Recent reports show that up to 90% of workers have gone to work even when they feel sick, which means you need to be able to decide daily how and when you’re screening employees.
Use Time Tracker’s new features for screening employees to ask:
- Do you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat and/or runny nose?
- Have you returned to the U.S. from outside the country in the past 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with a person who has a probable or confirmed case of COVID-19?
Customize questions to suit your business communication needs, and set the system to ask each time an employee logs in or every 24 hours.