- Is my data confidential and secure with eBillity?Because eBillity is a web-based software, you don’t have to worry about computer crashes, hackers, backing up data, buying hardware and software, maintaining technical support or running updates. You can focus on what you do best – making money and serving your clients!
Your data is secure and private with 128 Bit SSL Security. eBillity utilizes Amazon Cloud Servers that provide multiple firewalls and SAS70 infrastructure. Data is backed up each night to an Amazon S3 server with data redundancy in multiple physical locations – so even if one location goes down, your data will be safe.
As an Account Administrator, you decide exactly what data each person sees – and doesn’t see – in the eBillity application.
- Can I get a copy or backup of all my data? What if I need to cancel my subscription? Is my data lost?
Your data is yours! You can export all of your data to a standard CSV file format any time you like – no extra charge. To export your data, login to eBillity and go to the Admin tab, click on the System tab, and then click the “Export Button”.
- Can a client use eBillity to pay me?
Yes! If you are a Premium User we provide a payment gateway for you to accept PayPal or Credit Card payments instantly.
If you have a Free or Standard Plan, you can accept payments using whatever method you like, then easily reconcile and post the payment information to your eBillity account.
- How many Users can be on my eBillity Account?
It depends on what eBillity Plan you have:
Free Accounts can have one User.
Standard & Premium Accounts can have unlimited Users (see the Pricing Page for details). This is ideal for a company with more than one person that bills time and expenses to clients.
- Which Browsers are supported?
For PCs, we support Internet Explorer 7 and above, Firefox 3.0 and above, Safari latest version, and the latest version of Google Chrome. For the Mac, we support the latest versions of Safari and Firefox.
- Can more than one user log in at a time?
Yes, we support simultaneous access for multiple users from different locations. This means multiple users from your company can log in at one time.
- What platforms and operating systems are supported?
eBillity supports Windows XP Professional - Service Pack 3, Vista Business Edition - Service Pack 1, Windows 7 and Mac OSX 10.4-10.6.
- Can I upgrade at any time? How do I upgrade my account?
Yes, If you are on a Free or Standard eBillity plan and want to upgrade any components of your account, you can do this and retain all of your existing data:
• Log in to your eBillity account
• Click on the “Admin” tab
• Click on the eBillity Billing tab
• Click the “Upgrade Now” button
- Can I cancel my account?
Yes, you can cancel your account any time you want. There are no contracts. Log in to your account, click on the Admin Tab. Then click on the General Tab. The link to disable your account is at the bottom of the page.
- Is free support available?
For both the Premium and Standard version users, unlimited free telephone, live chat and email support is available. Please refer to the Pricing page on this site.
- How often is my data backed up?
Our data backup procedures ensure that your information is automatically backed up every night. Data backups are stored on Amazon S3 Servers, which are redundantly stored in multiple physical locations. Even if servers at one location went down, there would always be a backup in another location.
- What forms of payment are accepted by eBillity for the service?
eBillity users can pay for their eBillity subscription using any major credit card: American Express, MasterCard, Visa and Discover.
- Can my client log in somewhere to view and pay invoices?
If you are using the Premium version, with the appropriate permission, your client can log in to a special Client Portal to view and pay their invoices – by PayPal or credit card. You can ask your Account Administrator to create a Firm Client Portal for each of your clients.
- Is there any charge for mobile device access?
No, there is no charge to download the eBillity Mobile Application to your mobile device – iPhone or BlackBerry. You can make time and expense entries on the go, and view details of your account with your eBillity Mobile Application.
- What devices are supported?
iPhone™, iPad™, and Blackberry™. (Blackberry OS 4.2 or above and iPhone 2.0 or above).
- Are eBillity application settings applied to my eBillity Mobile Application on iPhone or Blackberry?
Yes, any access rights or permissions you set up in the main eBillity application are automatically applied to your mobile application version of eBillity.
- Where can I download the eBillity Mobile application?
Go to the Apple App Store for iPhone and the BlackBerry App World for Blackberry devices, or learn more on the Features Page of this site.
Offline Widget FAQ
- Why should I use the Desktop widget?
You can make time and expense entries without logging into the eBillity web application. You can log time and expense entries even when you are offline and eBillity will automatically sync your data upon reconnection.
- Is there any additional charge to use the Offline Desktop Widget?
The eBillity desktop time and expense tracking widget is absolutely free. You can use the widget to minimize application space on your computer desktop, or when you aren’t connected to the Internet. All transactions you enter on the widget will be synced to the eBillity servers automatically the next time you are connected to the internet.
- Is the Offline Desktop Widget compatible with both Mac and PC computer systems?
Yes, the widget is compatible with both Mac and PC computer systems.
- How to I get the eBillity Desktop Widget?
You can download it from the eBillity site and install it on your desktop for free. Go to the main eBillity website, click the Features Tab, then click the Offline Desktop Widget tab and the download link.